The third entry to the Kara no Kyoukai seven-part film series makes its way into the second place of our list, not at all for being any more emotionally satisfying than the entries ranked below it. Instead, Kara no Kyoukai: Tsuukaku Zanryuu deserves a high placing for being one of anime’s most brutal and most well-executed rape scenes.
Fujino Asagami, the victim of the situation, is a classmate of protagonist Mikiya Kokutou’s younger sister and, as many people in the Kara no Kyoukai world are, a wielder of supernatural abilities. In a truly unfortunate fashion, her parents deemed her powers to be unnecessary and had them sealed through medication, numbing her sense of touch as a side effect. As such, despite being completely helpless against the repeated sexual assault by the local gang, on some level she is so devoid of physical displeasure that it only serves to infuriate them further.
Like every other Kara no Kyoukai film, Tsuukaku Zanryuu holds nothing back to bring us out of our comfort zone. The realistic direction of the scene is astounding, from the detail put into the disheveled state of the room and everyone in it to the haunting sound of flesh hitting flesh. Even then, the film refuses to let our distress be the judge when it gradually becomes impossible to distinguish between right and wrong, and bring about the justice that everyone involved deserves.
- What is GCP
- What would survive a supervolcano eruption
- Which things grow body fat
- What are the applications of blockchain
- What is a rail gun
- Is an air fryer healthier than baking
- How do I choose a good pen
- Do people subconsiously recognize a smart person
- What is the fundamental axiom of reasoning
- Why is Portola Valley so wealthy
- What does a tabloid contain
- What are the job opportunities in Alberta
- Why is Vishnu represented by blue colour
- Why do soldiers swear so much
- What is the terror of Bengal
- What are some surprising statistics about meditation
- Which Korean movies has Bollywood copied
- Will American Idol ever die
- How did man philosophize
- What are some iconic Telugu film scenes