In 2004, I was 15 and a half stone. I drank like a fish and smoke 15 fags a day. In 2005, I decided to do something about my lifestyle. I quit drinking (3 binges a week) ate better and took up cycling.
People laughed when they saw me (Fatty) on a bike. But I kept at it. Two mile rides became 10, then 15, then 20, then 25, THEN up to 60 in a day sometimes.
In 2005, I cycled on and off road a total of 2000 miles. In 2006 - 3,000 miles. In 2007, I clocked up the same.
I am now 12 stone 4 pounds, and no-one is laughing at me now. I was 47 when I started pedalling.
But in all that time, I never gave up the fags. In fact, I still stop for one - before I need a rest. I suffer no breathing problems, and very few muscle aches. My blood pressure is excellent - though I admit I take a 10 mm tablet every day to control it (from 2004).
Also during that time, I was aware that my kidney function was diminishing at roughly 3% a year - polycystic disease.
I don't really know what I'm trying to say here. Well, I suppose I'm hinting at.... what harm have the fags done to me. I am fitter now than I was when I was 25.
I still cycle every second day - minimum 10 miles, and I still suffer no ailments whatsoever - thank the Lord. At the moment my kidney function is around the 25% mark, and yet I can still clock up to 80 miles a week.
Am I a mystery - or what
- What are the growing contract markets
- Are skate shoes good as regular shoes
- What makes private jets worth the money
- What is it like in Germany
- How much does a call center cost
- How old are you for dating
- What are some popular African American hairstyles
- Why does Putin support Assad in Syria
- What is a high pitch
- What should I pack for IIT Ropar
- Why do arbitrage opportunities disappear
- Why should endangered species not be protected
- How do people meditate?no_redirect=1
- What do Turks think of Iran
- Are there any talking plants
- What are the basics of FL studio
- How is AA
- Does alcohol negatively affect cardiovascular fitness