Learn why people trust wikiHow
How to Be an Attractive Woman
Exuding ConfidenceCreating Your Best LookShowing Off Your PersonalityPracticing Self CareShow 1 more...Show less...Article SummaryQuestions & AnswersRelated Articles
This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Together, they cited information from 26 references. wikiHow's Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article meets our high standards.
wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article has over 2,231,569 views, and 20 testimonials from our readers, earning it our reader-approved status. Learn more...
Everyone wants to feel attractive, and you deserve to look and feel your best. Fortunately, there are many ways to be attractive to others, so anyone can be an attractive woman. The best way to make yourself more attractive is to exude confidence, but it also helps to create the perfect look for yourself. Additionally, make yourself seem like a more dynamic, engaging person by showing off your personality. Finally, take good care for your body and mind.
1Stand up straight so you have good posture. Good posture conveys that you’re confident and comfortable in your skin. To stand up straight, elongate your spine and roll your shoulders slightly back. Then, tilt your chin up and look straight forward.
- If you have bad posture, practice standing up straight in a mirror. Over time, your muscles will learn how to stand tall, and it will become a habit.
2Use open body language, like leaning forward and making eye contact. Smiling also makes you appear confident and open. Additionally, when you’re standing, keep your arms open and down at your sides. This kind of body language invites people in, making you seem more attractive.
- Don’t feel like you need to smile if you don’t feel like it. However, smiling often will make people view you as more attractive.
3Adopt a positive attitude. Positivity is one of the best ways to appear more attractive. To seem more positive, make a point to look on the brightside, even if you don’t feel optimistic at times. Similarly, give people encouragement and share the positive events from your life.
- For example, you might feel worried about how a group presentation will go. Rather than expressing that worry, you might say, “It’s been great working with everyone, and I’m so excited we get to share our product today!”
- If someone is feeling down, say, “I can tell you’re going through something difficult, but I believe you can make it through. You’ve been through hard times in the past, and they’ve only made you stronger.”
- When you’re chit-chatting with your friends, tell them stories about recent accomplishments, funny things your pet did, or goals you’re currently pursuing.
4Dive into new experiences to show people you’re interesting. Taking risks and stepping outside your comfort zone will show people you’re an interesting, dynamic person. This makes you appear more attractive. Put yourself in the position to try something different by visiting new places and inviting your friends to do something different.
- For example, sing karaoke, take a dance class, go bungee jumping, sky dive, audition for community theater, or go rock climbing.
5Celebrate what’s unique about you. Spend time getting to know yourself so you can recognize what’s awesome about who you are. To do this, make a list of your talents, accomplishments, favorite things to do, goals, etc. You have a unique set of qualities that makes you special, so share them with the world.
- Don’t compare yourself to others, as this makes it easy to forget what’s amazing about you.
2Creating Your Best Look
1Choose a hairstyle that’s easy to maintain or wear nice headscarves. Your hair frames your face, so styling it makes a big difference in how you look. Simply styling your hair can make a big impact, so it’s best to do it everyday. Find a style that works great for your hair texture, time constraints, and preferences.
- As an alternative, you can create a stylish look with an attractive headscarf.
2Opt for clean, well-fitting clothes that make you feel your best. You don’t need expensive, trendy fashions to look attractive. Just choose items that fit you well, rather than baggy, boxy clothes. Similarly, wear outfits you think look good on you because feeling great will make you look better.
- Choose clothes that express your sense of style. For example, you might wear a flower-print if you’re feminine or leather if you’re a bit more edgy.
- Wearing red clothing can catch people’s attention, so it makes a great power color for when you want to make a statement!
3Apply makeup if you want to emphasize your features. For instance, eyeshadow and eyeliner can really make your eyes pop, while a bold lipstick can make your smile stand out. If you have blemishes or wrinkles you want to hide, foundation and concealer can help you get the look you want.
- Natural makeup is typically seen as more attractive. However, create a look that you enjoy because being true to yourself is what’s most important.
4Wear a signature scent that makes you smell good. A pleasant scent is a subtle way to make people perceive you as more attractive. In addition to catching people’s interest, it shows people you take care of yourself. Plus, a good smell usually indicates good hygiene.
- If you don’t have a favorite fragrance, ask for samples at your local beauty store or counter. Then, try out different scents on your body, since your body chemistry will alter the scent of the perfume.
3Showing Off Your Personality
1Be friendly and kind when interacting with others. People are more attracted to you if you’re nice to them. Smile or say, “Hi” to people when you pass them. Similarly, memorize a set of questions you can ask someone to spark a conversation with anyone. Additionally, offer help if you notice someone who needs it.
- Acknowledging people and smiling at them is all it takes to seem friendly.
- If you’re not sure what kinds of questions to ask, you might use, “Seen any good movies lately?” “Any fun plans for the weekend?” or “How’s your week going so far?”
2Engage in fun activities that you enjoy. When you’re having fun, you appear most attractive. Additionally, having hobbies makes you look like a more engaging, well-rounded person. It helps you be more interesting, which, in turn, makes you more attractive.
- For example, join a band, go bowling, write poetry, enjoy concerts, or join a recreational sports team.
- If you’re not sure what you like to do, try out different things until something feels right.
- As a side bonus, you’ll also boost your confidence when you do what you love!
3Show off your unique or quirky interests. Being different makes you seem more alluring and attractive, so play up what separates you from the crowd. Maybe you have an obsession with pop-culture inspired desserts or like to upcycle soda cans into jewelry. Whatever it is that you do, show it off!
- Being unique or quirky doesn’t mean that you’re the only one who does something, so don’t feel pressured to do something no else has ever done. For example, collecting typewriters is something unique, but you aren’t the only person who does it.
4Show genuine interest in other people. People will be attracted to you if you seem to care about them. Ask them questions about themselves, and listen to their stories. When they share something with you, show your appreciation by acknowledging what they’ve shared and giving a kind response.
- For instance, let’s say someone told you a story about their vacation. You might say, “Wow, that trip sounds so fun. Thanks for sharing your travel recommendations with me.”
5Talk positively about yourself rather than self-critiquing. No matter how exciting you are as a person, you can undo it all by being to critical of yourself. Instead of sharing your flaws, highlight what’s great about you. Similarly, tell stories that present you in your best life. This helps people see you at your best.
- For instance, don’t tell people you’re having a bad hair day. Instead, focus on something that’s going well. You might say, “I’m so proud of myself because I got to work 5 minutes early today.”
- Along this same line, accept compliments with grace instead of telling people why they’re wrong. If someone says, “You look great!” Say, “Thank you so much! I was just about to say the same thing about you!”
4Practicing Self Care
1Maintain good hygiene by showering daily. Keep your body clean by using soap and warm water when you bathe at least once a day. To continue smelling good, use deodorant, antiperspirant or body powder to combat sweat and odor. Additionally, using lotion daily will keep your skin soft and smoothe.
- If you get very sweaty, you might take more showers or use a body cleansing wipe to maintain your cleanliness.
2Follow a skin care routine to prevent premature aging and blemishes. Wash your face with a mild cleanser in the morning and evening. Follow up with a face lotion or cream. Additionally, you can address your unique skin concerns with products like eye cream for wrinkles or under-eye bags, acne cream for blemishes, or lip balm for dry, cracked lips.
- Never sleep in your makeup, as it’s very bad for your skin.
- Ideally, it’s best to use a lighter moisturizer during the day and a heavier cream at night.
3Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Fill half of your plate with veggies, a quarter of your plate with lean protein, and a quarter of your plate with a starch or grains. Then, snack on fresh fruits and veggies whenever you feel hungry between meals. Additionally, make sure you’re drinking about 8-12 glasses of water daily to stay hydrated.
- If you have a tendency to overeat at mealtimes, try eating off smaller plates, which can make it appear that you have more food.
- Don’t try to cut out foods you enjoy, as that will make you miserable. Instead, add in your favorite foods in moderation, and look for healthier ways to make foods that don’t fit into your healthy eating plan.
4Exercise at least 30 minutes a day to improve your fitness. Choose a fun exercise that you will keep doing. For example, you might try walking, jogging, dancing, aerobics, group gym classes, kickboxing, or swimming. Find what works for you!
- Don’t feel pressured to workout constantly or lose a bunch of weight all at one time. You can be attractive at any weight, so just focus on improving your health in a sustainable way.
5Do regular beauty treatments at home or at a spa. Beauty treatments like face masks, massages, bath soaks, and pedicures can make you feel more beautiful. This makes them a great way to help you feel more attractive. If you’re budget conscious, doing your beauty treatments at home is a terrific option. However, it’s also fun to splurge sometimes and go to a spa.
- You don’t need a lot of money to do beauty treatments at home, so don’t let your budget become an obstacle.
6Relieve stress so you can keep feeling your best. Stress is a normal part of life, but too much of it can be harmful. Not only can it wreak havoc on your skin and appetite, stress can also affect your mood, making it hard for you to be your most attractive self. Say goodbye to stress by doing these relaxing activities:
- Talk to a friend.
- Play with your pet.
- Soak in a warm bath.
- Write in your journal.
- Color in an adult coloring book.
- Go for a nature walk.
- Watch a funny movie.
- Meditate for 10 minutes.
Is a guy in love if he demands to see me naked?
No guy should ever "demand" anything like this from you, and you definitely shouldn't give in to these demands. Tell him this is disrespectful behavior and it has to stop. If you're a young person, and you feel unsafe, get an adult involved.
I look gorgeous, but I want to be attractive too. How do I do it?
Your looks may be gorgeous, but attractiveness comes from your brain, your intelligence. Be different and unique, be knowledgeable on many different topics, be kind and considerate of other people.
What if I don't think I'm attractive and am scared I'll lose him?
Be confident, and be yourself. Confidence is the key to success and beauty.
My boyfriend always criticizes me about my looks. What should I do to enhance my personality and my dressing sense?
If someone really cares about you, they wont judge you by your looks. People typically criticize because of their own low self-esteem. Rather than enhance your personality and fashion, you should probably find yourself a boyfriend who appreciates you for who you are, not what you wear.
What if I am not pretty or attractive?
It's not about your physical appearance, it's about how you feel and treat yourself. Be confident, and others will see your beauty too.
How do you look gorgeous to get a boyfriend?
A true, good, and healthy relationship doesn't depend on gorgeous looks. Just be yourself, and act with respect. However, good hygiene and a clean appearance do help.
What can a person do to boost their confidence?
All it takes is to know your worth. Knowing that you're beautiful inside and out. Also, learning to love yourself first.
I'm popular, but boys don't want me to be myself. They expect me to act a certain way, or I'm weird. What do I do?
Don't change yourself for anyone. You'll meet a guy who likes you just the way you are and you'll be glad you waited for him.
How can I look causal but attractive?
Wear a nice pair of skinny jeans, a fitted shirt and a leather jacket (or whatever works for your body type). Try not to dress it up too much -- keep it comfortable, but avoid sweatshirts. Leather jackets are really good for when it's a little breezy and cold outside. And try pairing this outfit with a nice pair of flats, boots, or sneakers/hightops. You could also add some simple jewelry.
I have a crush on this one boy, but he treated me like I was worthless. He was my only crush. I don't think that I could like somebody else. What should I do?
There will be a lot of boys who come along; you will find another, one who will appreciate you.
Ask a Question
- Focus on what makes you feel your best, not what you think others want from you. Not only will this make your life happier, it will also help you have the most confidence.
- If someone makes you feel less attractive, spend less time with that person. They don’t have your best interests in mind and are likely struggling with their own issues with self-image.
- Everyone’s opinion about what makes someone attractive is different, so it’s okay if someone disagrees with you.
- Ignore anyone who says you're not attractive. You are and they don’t deserve your time. Do what makes you happy, not what makes someone else happy. Always be yourself. No one can tell you otherwise.
- What is the currency of s
- What is the best bass worm lure
- Is Oracle JDK free
- What is an extranuclear electron
- How should a straight guy wear earrings
- Does Induleka really work
- What is the nature of industrial management
- Do American Airlines exit row seats recline
- Is Christianity being slowly replaced by Islam
- Which artist sang the song Understand
- Can stress cause lightheadedness
- Is there any Toastmasters club in Lucknow
- Which email do you most regret sending
- Where is the political center
- How do I write LaTeX in Windows
- Are chimpanzees the smartest non human primates
- What cats are good with dogs
- Is luck greater than hard work
- What is the oxidation number of