6 Moonstone Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
Moonstones are among the world's most beautiful gemstones, but there are a lot of things people don't know about them. Here are 6 amazing moonstone facts!
Keyword(s): moonstone facts
Did you know June is one of only two months with three birthstones? The month's birthstones are pearl, alexandrite and of course, the moonstone.
This means if you were born in the month of June, you get the option of choosing among not just one but three beautiful stones. And moonstone has some of the most interesting facts.
Let's take a look at 6 moonstone facts that will blow your mind.
Amazing Moonstone Facts
The exquisite moonstone is formed of Albite and Orthoclase. Both of these elements are from the feldspar mineral category. The moonstone is considered the most valuable feldspar member in existence today.
A Colorful Array
The moonstone is most commonly coveted in its extraordinary blue hue. But it's also available in many different colors, including:
The Laborite, also of the feldspar minerals, is often referred to as a "Rainbow Moonstone." Although related, it's not a true moonstone.
The Third Wedding Anniversary
The moonstone is the gemstone associated with the 3rd anniversary of married couples. And all color versions of the moonstone have an underlying bluish tint, giving it a striking luminescence.
1. The Moonstone Is Known For Its Healing Properties
One of the most fascinating moonstone facts is that they, like all other gemstones, have healing characteristics. These properties are due to the unique vibrational frequency each gem possesses due to the formation process.
Addressing Specific Areas
The moonstone is said to be able to address a person's specific ailments. These purported healing properties of the moonstone include:
- Calming fears about the unknown
- Balancing emotional states
- Inspiring passion, creativity, and direction in one's life
- Opening a person's intuition
- Relaxing a person's mind and body
- Enhancing acceptance of what is
- Supporting wisdom and knowledge to make decisions
- Increasing confidence and the willingness to take action
Thehealing power of birthstoneshas been known since ancient times, reportedly dating back to the time of the Sumerians in Mesopotamia.
2. The Moonstone Has Been Used As A Tool Since Ancient Times
In ancient times, the moonstone was said to be able to elicit deep passion between lovers. It was also thought to give the wearer the ability to predict the future.
Predicting the Future
The ancients believed that a person could read their own future if they put the moonstone in their mouths while the moon was full. This has been attributed to the moon's gravitational pull and its ability to coax the energy forth from the stone.
The Bringer of Good Fortune
The moonstone is also believed to offer the owner great fortune. The ancient Romans and Greeks believed the moonstone was created from bits of the actual moon. They saw the moonstone as having revitalizing and deeply transformative healing properties.
Since ancient times, the moonstone has been used to createelegant necklaces, bracelets, and other ornamental jewelry.
3. The Moonstone Comes From a Little Bit of Everywhere
There arebirthstones for each month. And each gemstone comes from a different part of the globe.
The moonstone has been mined in Madagascar, Australia, Brazil, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Germany, Switzerland, and India. The colorful versions of moonstone are only found in India. And the other countries only contribute the white moonstone.
The most popular blue moonstone is mined in Bihar, located in the center of India.
4. The Moonstone is Reported to Have Mystical Powers
The moonstone is used in Ayurvedic medicine and other crystal healing methods.Ayurvedic medicineis primarily practiced in India, with many practitioners also within the U.S. It is the oldest form of medicine in the world.
The primary concepts behind Ayurvedic medicine include:
- The universal interconnectedness of all living beings
- The interconnectedness of a person, their health, and the entire universe
- The power of the body's life force energy and its ability to heal
The Ayurvedic practitioner may use moonstone in conjunction with prescribed dietary herbs, diet, exercise and other lifestyle recommendations.
A Uniquely Feminine Approach
Moonstone is considered feminine in nature, as it is connected with the lunar cycle controlling a woman's cycle. And as a result, it's often used to address female ailments, including:
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) symptoms
- Bloating and pain experienced during the cycle
- Facilitate pregnancy and childbirth
Combining the Best of Both Medicinal Worlds
Some practitioners in the U.S. combine Ayurvedic medicine with traditional western medicine to address a wider range of issues. Practitioners may even recommend that a patient wearbeautiful braceletsmade from moonstone.
5. The Moonstone is the Florida State Gemstone Because of the Moon
One of the other fascinating moonstone facts is that the reported moon landings of the 1970s elevated the moonstone to the status of state gem.
The moonstone was christened the Florida State Gemstone during this time to honor the Kennedy Space Center and NASA's achievements.
6. The Moonstone's Adularescence
One of the most interesting of moonstone facts having to do with appearance is the gem's adularescent qualities.
Adularescence refers to the rippling blue light that appears when you revolve the moonstone near a source of light. This effect is due to the interwoven properties of a separate feldspar in varying positions inside the moonstone.
A Cat's Eye
The Cat's Eye phenomenon is when a strand of light seems to linger over the moonstone as you rotate it. The appearance is reminiscent of a cat's alert eye.
A fairly rare phenomenon, asterism refers the image of a star on the exterior of the gem. As light filters in, the star may change shape or size.
Finding the Gemstone That Best Fits Your Needs
From aiding in medicine to representing one of the greatest feats the U.S. has ever known, the moonstone offers you a great deal of intrigue and perhaps even health benefits.
And these are just of few of the fascinating moonstone facts this stone holds
If you're looking for that perfect gemstone to accent an upcoming event or for a gift,check us outtoday.
"What-E'er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part.”
- Why does Google Code have no API
- Do all cyclists use doping
- How do I upgrade reCAPTCHA
- Was Jesus older than Joseph
- When do Realme launch Realme x
- Is a bridge loan a mortgage
- What if CSK lose today against DC
- Why is ghosting so common amongst Koreans
- How is VGEC for computer engineering
- Which is better AC
- How do you retrieve iCloud emails
- What are interesting facts about Mark Zuckerberg
- What is calcified neurocysticercosis
- How can I get paid using Photoshop
- What is your secret to avoiding procrastination
- What is my name 12?no_redirect=1
- What does Russia need to rebuild economically
- Why did Japan close the country