I am tired of everybody being labeled a bigot or homophobic because they don't agree with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender group. Businesses are being threatened with bad publicity or their establishments being burned to the ground. Politicians are being forced to go against their own principles and morals to appease a small group of people. The politicians were elected to represent the majority. The majority of the people are against gay marriage. If this issue was voted on at the ballot box, I guarantee it would not pass because the majority of the people would vote against it.
I have friends and family who are gay. I don't like this issue being crammed down my throat. I believe the majority of the people feel they are being force-fed the gay marriage issue. I feel that two men together and two women together goes completely against nature. If they want to be together, that is fine. They need to keep it to themselves. I keep reading in the paper that we won't be able to hire the best and brightest because of the law. I guess the rest of the population is a bunch of dummies. Everyone is afraid to say anything for the fear of being labeled. People need to stand up for what they believe in and not be bullied.
David Thompson, Indianapolis
Read or Share this story: http://indy.st/1zqyRLJ
Gay City-County Councilman Zach Adamson speaks to several thousand opponents of Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act as they gather for a rally on the steps of the Statehouse on March 28, 2015, in Indianapolis. Many opponents of the law worry that it will allow businesses and clergy to refuse to serve members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.(Photo: Charlie Nye / The Star)Buy Photo
Share your feedback to help improve our site experience!
Briggs: Indianapolis' culture war is being fought over parking
Jan. 31, 2020, 10:48 a.m.
Hackney: High lead levels found in the water in Marion County schools
Jan. 26, 2020, 5 a.m.
Letters: National Gun Violence Survivors Week: a call for common sense gun legislation
Jan. 30, 2020, 10:16 a.m.
Briggs: As streaming expands, video stores become great again
Jan. 28, 2020, 10:03 a.m.
Letters: Indiana's sex crime statute needs reform
Jan. 26, 2020, 6 a.m.
Op-ed: Helping women work safely during pregnancy benefits moms, babies, employers
Jan. 26, 2020, 6 a.m.
- What is central boiler heating systems
- Can Erythritol increase blood sugar levels
- Why is binance coin going up
- What were your CBSE 2019 10th Marks
- How long are biomedical engineer’s work days
- Does graphology work If so how
- How do I connect with myself
- Why are so many Asians so introverted
- What company hires international freelance writers
- How can I download nflgamepass videos
- Who created McAfee antivirus
- Why are aerosols bad for the environment
- Does Tim Cook own Apple
- What is a Robux generator
- What are timber framed buildings
- Is the Indian wholesale online market genuine
- Has anyone ever blocked you
- Is the word Hello a meaningless word
- Where do you buy 2000s clothing