Pavel Nedved has warned Juventus that they must approach their Champions League last-16 tie against Porto with the right mentality or risk a surprise early elimination.
Juve topped Group H and were drawn against Portuguese side Porto in Friday's last-16 draw, with many rating the Serie A champions as favourites to progress to the quarter-finals.
But Nedved, Juve's vice president, insists nothing can be taken for granted and pointed to Porto eliminating Roma in the play-off round as proof of the challenge the Bianconeri face.
"A good draw for us? It is all relative, you must not underestimate your opponents at this stage of the competition," Nedved told reporters.
"There is a great expectation on Juve now to reach the quarter-finals with ease, just as there is at home to win the Scudetto. In reality, things are never that simple in football. We have got two tough matches to negotiate before we can even think about the next round.
"Porto must be approached with caution given that they have knocked out an Italian team already. If your mentality is not right at this level, you will lose."
Nedved, though, has been impressed by Juve's performances under Massimiliano Allegri this season.
"We are delighted with our progress so far. Credit must go to the staff and players for what they have achieved in the first half of the season," he added.
"In the derby on Sunday we showed what Juve are all about, a team that rarely falters on the big stage. Even though we made a poor start against Torino, we rallied and turned the result on its head."
- Can I get a career advice
- Can you buy stock in Whataburger
- How statistics is used in Machine Learning
- What is a gratuity
- Dubai Quora Meetup Are you interested
- Are Jews persecuted in Indonesia
- What politician is surprisingly the nicest
- Why does video production be important
- How do radio stations screen their callers
- Is Captain Ginyu the most skilled villain
- Why were Roman soldiers Jewish people Jerusalem
- Can we produce electricity by a pedal
- What are the future aircraft engine technologies
- What is the chaos of consciousness
- Are Japan and the US allies?no_redirect=1
- Is this short sentence good or bad
- After WiFi technology whats next
- Why do people torture cats
- How can Africa be industrialised
- What happened to Adriens mother