WW2 started in 1939. The U.S. joined in 1941. When the war ended in 1945, roughly 416,800 American military personnel had lost their lives.
dont listen to this they dont know what there talkin about
^ya, coming from someone who doesn't know the proper use of "there"
As is typical, there are multiple amounts cited. According to the Oxford companion to Military History, casualties were as follows:
Killed in action: 291,557
other deaths: 113,842
total dead: 405,399
Total wounded: 670,846
Total dead or wounded: 1,076,245
Note that the Washington World war two memorial indicates 404,800 dead, so there are small discrepancies between sources.
416,877 members of the US military were killed or missing during WWII.
Military dead or missing:
[United States Army Air Forces (88,119 number included in Army)]
Marine Corps 24,551,
Coast Guard 1,917, and
United States Merchant Marine 9,521.
US Military casualties were about 408,200 in the Second World War. This was soldiers, sailors. marines, airmen, & coast guard.
in World War II, 416,800 American Troops where killed in Action
- Can you openly criticize judiciary in India
- Which place is famous for food
- How do I control my telepathy
- In knitting what is a garment chart
- How does humanitarian aid create dependency
- What are the best hotel booking practices
- Do headphones burn in really work
- Can Indian citizens ever become tax complaint
- How does a vacuum dryer work
- Is the desktop OS dead
- What is the history of Vijayawada 1
- Which culture do you like the most
- What human activities destroy nature
- Does BTS like Black Pink
- Does laparoscopic surgery solve problems