The importance of a good height cannot be denied in a modern society. Sometimes people who cannot gain good height until their puberty are left disappointed because of the obvious reason that they believe that they will never get tall again. Inspite of the fact that the human body stops growing naturally at the age of 18 for women and at the age of 24 for men, it’s not entirely true that one cannot gain height after the age of 25.
This happens because the production of human growth hormones in the pituitary gland slows down. Human growth hormones (HGH) are responsible for the growth in the body and hence if their production is increased, the height of the person will also increase regardless of the age.
When a person touches the age of 25, it is very difficult to increase the height as the growth of the bones stop. It is a difficult job, but not an impossible one. The person has to be focused both physically and mentally for this. Moreover, this will require a lot of hard work.
Here is a quick guide on how to increase your height after 25:
A balanced diet
Proper diet is very important to grow the height. The person should increase the intake of food with high nutritional value. Junk food should be kept aside. Calcium, Magnesium, Iodine and Phosphorous can be termed as extremely essential for the growth of the body. There should be an increase in the intake of foods that are rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and amino acids. Trans fat and saturated are fatal for the growth as they can affect the absorption of the nutrients and may hinder the growth process. Calcium is the most important nutrient as it builds and maintains bones and cartilages. Milk and other dairy products are rich in calcium. Moreover, drinking water is very important.
Some important foods that are essential for the growth and should be taken regularly and in proper quantity are:
- Chicken meat
- Egg white
- Dairy products
- Green vegetables
- Dry fruits and nuts, especially almonds
Growth takes place when the body is stretched and exercised on a regular basis. Moreover sports like swimming, basketball, cycling, etc. can significantly contribute to the increase in height. Some exercises that will help in increasing the height after a person has attained the age of 25 are:
- Lay down straight on your back. Now extend your left foot towards the right foot and repeat the same with the right one. After that bring it to the initial position.
- Stand upright and keep your back straight. Now join your feet and raise your hands above your head, stretching at as much as they can be stretched. Now bend and touch your feet with your hands, making sure that the knees don’t bend. This might be painful and difficult in the initial period but it is very beneficial.
- Hanging on the bar. Jump and grab a bar which is at least 7 feet above the ground. Now grab hold of the bar and swing your body. During this exercise, the straightness of the bank should be maintained.
- Yoga exercises: Almost all the yoga exercises stretch the body and hence can be really beneficial. Yoga helps in straightening the back and gives a good posture to the body. The good posture can be a plus point to the height.
Exposure to the sun
Sunlight is rich in Vitamin D. Vitamin D is very beneficial if one wants to increase the height. Give the skin some exposure to the sun. Sunlight is important for the growth of the bones. The exposure should be given in the right amount so that the UV rays don’t affect your skin. The best time to do this is during dawn or dusk as the UV radiation is the least at these times.
Minimum 8 hours of sleep and sleeping in good posture can certainly benefit the height of a person. Proper sleep with good set of exercises and proper food is really beneficial for the body.Its a fact that you can grow taller by sleeping properly. The following things should be taken care of before sleeping.
- The food should be taken in at least 4 hours before sleep.
- A warm water bath will benefit the body.
- One should sleep in a comfortable position, preferably on a mattress.
- Room should be dark and free from noises.
- Sleeping apparel should be comfortable.
All of these together can help you grow tall even if your body has stopped growing. This all should be done in a proper manner and you will attain the best results.
Remember while every point mentioned above is important to gain height, any activity done in isolation might not give you any results. It is very important that you do everything in order to gain height naturally. A healthy diet without exercise will not help you grow. Similarly a healthy diet as well as exercise will not help you if you are not getting enough sleep.
If you are looking for real results you should follow a good height gain program which has been giving results to people
Filed Under: Exercises, Food & Diet, General, Lifestyle
- Who is Bruce Dickinson
- Where do Sikhs pray
- What are the functions of colon
- If 9 7x 3 what is x
- Can Harmony OS be a game changer
- How does genetic variation arise?no_redirect=1
- Where are the beaches of Normandy
- Should I sell my house before divorcing
- What is the full form of GSTIN
- What should I do after Linux
- How can Africa be industrialised
- Does art have something similar to copyright
- What is hawker food Singapore Forum
- Is India facing an extreme feminism problem
- What is the French term for platform
- How is asexuality possible
- When did humans evolve our long lifespans
- What is the vegetative propagules of asparagus
- Why are vegans healthier than normal