Curious about CoffeeScript, are you? This should give you a quick idea of what it’s all about! Our lead developer Paul Annesley and I took a break from the daily grind here in the SitePoint offices to put this video together for you.
Check out the video and let us know your thoughts!
Test your CoffeeScript knowledge with our new Quiz here
Buy our latest Jump Start book on CoffeeScript
JGB: I’m here with Paul Annesley, who is the lead developer at the SitePoint Group. Paul is going to introduce us to CoffeeScript. So, what exactly is CoffeeScript?
be served up to your browser.
JGB: Are there downsides to using CoffeeScript?
JGB: How do I get started with CoffeeScript, then? Do I need to install anything to use it?
Paul: If you are using Rails 3.1 or newer, then CoffeeScript comes out of the box, so just enable the asset pipeline, put on the end of your file names, and Rails does the rest. If you’re using PHP or Django, or any other system — web, node, or otherwise — it’s easy enough to get up and running on your development environment.
Jess is a video content creator for Learnable and Sitepoint. She digs all things social media, Web 2.0, music, film, digital media and innovation. Feel free get in touch!
- Do Siddha doctors shine in Thoothukudi
- Where can couples kiss in Chennai
- How much does a typical cloud weigh
- How are matrices used in computers
- How do we avoid familiarity breeding contempt
- What irritates you most about tourists
- Who founded social networking
- What are newspapers
- Can electromagnetic force bend spacetime
- What happens when you say bad words
- Why was Windows Vista generally disliked
- Do guys nowadays lack moral values
- What is order management in CRM
- Why is DNA replication semiconservative
- Who is Ashley van Haeften