A manipulator may pretend as being a victim of circumstances or bad behavior of someone, as a result making you feel sympathy for him or her.
When a person tries to seek your sympathies, carefully observe that person to try to confirm that they are indeed a victim.
So how to tell a false victim from a real one.
A false victim talks about the events that were abusive to them in a calm, cool, and detached way. They appear to get over the emotions of the abusive experience rather quickly, and they don’t seem to dwell or obsess over the abusive experiences.
True victims need to reach out for support; it’s important for their survival. They seek therapy, God or other saving methods to restore their mental and emotional health. While talking about the abusive experience, they appear confused, jumpy, nervous and afraid. They may cry hysterically—urgency and emotion are in their speech. They do not have the cold, cool demeanor of a lying manipulator. True victims go through the grieving process—shock, denial, and anger to finally the stage of acceptance.
But manipulators pretending to be victims don’t try to seek that kind of support. They don’t need it because they were not abused. Manipulators pretending to be victims are not seeking kindness and compassion, but they are after a goal, so coolly and in control, they tell you their story.
- How many seats are under Uttar Pradesh
- Can women poop and have sex simultaneously
- Is petro chemical better in JNTU Kakinada
- What is change in displacement
- Is Brita distilled water or purified water
- If 5x 100 then what is x
- Why do people still use evite
- How do I stop people forcing me
- How is silicon wafer made
- Why are cat tongues rough
- What are your thoughts on bass ukuleles
- Are INTJs the most serious personality type
- Why is Egypt so homophobic
- Did Lexus stop making manual cars
- Is Volkswagen Jetta Manual a reliable car
- How can I choose a stock broker
- Does Cher have a child
- Should I consult a psychiatrist or psychologist
- What are the best kid bikes
- What does the number 66 mean