Comprehensive includes a deductible, which is the amount you pay out of pocket. Keep in mind that at Progressive, if you use a repair shop in our network, we offer guaranteed repairs for as long as you own or lease your car.
See expert tips for choosing the right car insurance deductible.
Comprehensive vs. collision
Comprehensive insurance is commonly confused with collision. They both insure your car but cover different events. Collision covers car accidents, and comprehensive covers events out of your control. Think of it like this: Collision is colliding with something else (other than animals). Comprehensive is basically all other events. Accidents with animals are covered by comprehensive (and not collision) because these accidents are considered out of your control.
See more on collision insurance.
Questions to consider
Do you want to pay less for insurance or have coverage for repairs?
With Progressive, dropping comprehensive could save you about $22 a month. But remember, if an unforeseen event damages your car, you'll have to pay for your damages 100% out of pocket. And, remember, if you lease or finance your car, your lender might require you to maintain comprehensive coverage.
Can you afford to buy a new car?
If it hails like crazy, your car could easily be totaled. Would you then be OK paying completely out of pocket to buy another car? If not, add comprehensive and then you'd only have to pay your deductible.
Typically, drivers with more expensive cars add comprehensive insurance because few can handle paying that much out of pocket.
How likely are you to have a claim?
Dropping comprehensive is like gambling against nature. You're betting that unforeseen events beyond your control won't damage your car.
- How bad is Trump
- How is the Cuban healthcare system unique
- What is the accuracy of radar guns
- Which phone has a dual front camera
- Which countries are cold countries
- Is Alexa the next iPhone
- Which watch takes the longest to make
- Who started stamps com
- What are the best transportation investments
- What is big 3 cricket
- How much is Wizkid s net worth
- How do I recover an old friend
- Is the space program worth our investment
- Does love only happen to some people
- Why is strategy important 1
- How does a fake currency detector work
- How are eye boogers formed?no_redirect=1
- Do Italians actually eat sweet pizza
- Why is TIG preferred for welding aluminium
- How can I root my canvas 3d