There has been a discussion here about that glorious shiny little plugin or the tool of eteranl damnation: AUTOTUNE
Since its a polarizing tool, I start this thread to move the discussion away from the track above.
Maybe there was a thread before, but somtimes it's important to start from the beginning again ...
My points so far - and I have stated them more than I should have there - are:
+ Autotune as a tool for creating a vocal track can be usefull for fixing errors or creating new harmonies
+ Autotune is a effect vocalists can use to change their recordings to match their ideas and is a part of artist's freedom
- I don't like the effect, it's artificial and too prominent and I heard it a quadzillion times
- It makes good singers sound like amateurs, it sounds like they had too fix problems - why else should they use Autotune?
- It limits the usability for acapellas. For example doubling the sample for harmonie vocals, very much like reverb and echo. Sometimes it simply doesen't fit the song idea.
- Why are some doctors cold hearted
- How did Joseph Smith die
- What are techniques
- How are Fleetwood recreational vehicles made
- What is genetic pollution
- Do software engineers need project managers
- Is PayUMoney a fraud company
- Have you ever screwed up something important
- When does love die
- Does the moon revolve around a planet
- How do HDTV antennas work
- Why cant energy in waves be discrete
- Why is sclera first to detect jaundice
- Will the controversy over Confederate monuments subside
- Are Kashmiri Pandits cowards
- Who became pregnant as a teen
- What is human rationality and human irrationality
- Can humans sense sharks