Consult the Best Dermatologists through Sulekha
The skin is the largest organ in our entire body. Thus, it is essential to take care of it in the best possible manner. No matter how many homemade remedies and creams we may use, it is always best to consult a professional to treat skin problems.
If you are seeking treatment for any skin condition, a dermatologist can help. At Sulekha, we provide access to over 1080+ verified dermatologists to help you get the best treatment for your skin condition. Our verified experts that match your budget and skincare requirements will get in touch with you.
What does a dermatologist do?
Dermatologists are licensed medical practitioners who are mainly concerned with treating minor and major skin, hair and mucous membrane conditions. They provide treatment for a variety of disorders and diseases including skin cancer, acne, psoriasis, vitiligo, fungal infections and more. A dermatologist can also carry out a range of cosmetic procedures as well.
When and why should I consult a dermatologist?
You should consult a dermatologist at least once a year to help identify a range of symptoms that may otherwise go unnoticed. If you have a rash that does not appear to heal, consult a skin specialist immediately.
A dermatologist can also help screen and treat a variety of skin issues that, if ignored, can cause major problems:
- Skin Cancer: If you notice a change in the size and shape of any moles on your body, see a dermatologist immediately to rule out the chances of skin cancer.
- Acne: Acne that does not respond to over-the-counter medication requires personalized dermatological treatment.
- Eczema: Eczema causes severe irritation and itchiness in the skin and scalp. A dermatologist can help calm these symptoms and treat them effectively.
- Scar Treatment: Skin specialists can offer treatment for scars, burns, and injuries to help reduce their appearance.
What are the different types of skin treatments given?
A few of the most popular types of skin treatments provided by dermatologists include
- Chemical peels
- Laser skin resurfacing and tightening
- Cosmetic injections like Botox
- Microdermabrasion and exfoliation
- Blue light therapy
- Facial rejuvenation
A dermatologist may also provide oral prescription medication and topical treatments to help treat your skin, hair or nail condition.
Do dermatologists carry out cosmetic procedures and plastic surgeries?
Although plastic surgery and dermatology are different medical fields, dermatologists can carry out a host of cosmetic procedures. They take into account your personal medical history, lifestyle and various other factors while recommending specific cosmetic treatments or procedures. They can provide aesthetic procedures like Botox, fillers, dermabrasion and several other skin treatments.
Can dermatologists erase tattoos?
Yes. Dermatologists use laser tattoo removal procedures to help erase tattoos. They can also help remove warts, moles, and scars.
Why is Sulekha the best place to find dermatologists?
Sulekha is a renowned online listing platform. At Sulekha, we consolidate a list of 1080+ verified professional dermatologists to suit your budget and skincare needs. If you would like to book services from an experienced dermatologist, fill the form above with all your requirements. You can then schedule a consultation with the dermatologist near you that best suits all your needs.
- Which PS3 games are still worth playing
- Do Japanese speakers enjoy learning Korean
- Does lupus cause itching
- Why is CO a triple bond
- How do I make my girlfriend understand
- Is vomiting considered a sign of teething
- Did we learn our technology from aliens
- Which living organism has the longest tongue
- Was Jeffrey Epstein protecting certain people
- What are black spots on skin called
- What is the setting of Pygmalion
- What is GDP PPP
- Is China making rice from plastic
- What is genetic engineering 1
- Does Yakuza operate in Brazil
- What universities are the GRE exempt