Mumbai: The past year years have seen Virat Kohli’s stock in international cricket rise to the top. The Indian skipper has already established himself as one of the most elite batsmen in modern-day cricket and is also considered as one of the fittest athletes around.
Given his huge fan following, the dashing right-hander is highly active on social media and has garnered a lot of admiration for his fitness and fashion quotient. The 29-year-old has an Instagram following of over 15 million users, with 20 million followers on Twitter and over 36 million on Facebook.
Also read: Here’s what Virat Kohli eats for breakfast, lunch, dinner
Since cricketers spend a lot of time in training sessions and tours, many of them usually leave their social profile over to their associated agencies for user engagement.
Through Instagram, Kohli earns a mind-boggling $500,000 (₹ 3.2 crore) per post, the same amount as Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo with comedian Kevin Hart leading the way with $1 million (₹ 6.4 crore) per post as reported by Forbes.
Also read: Here’s what Virat Kohli said while comparing himself with Cristiano Ronaldo
For the year 2017, Kohli’s brand endorsement contract was reportedly worth $22 million (₹ 141.3 crore), with $19 million (₹ 122 crore) coming through endorsements alone.
The India talisman was the only Indian included in Forbes’ list of the top 100 highest paid athletes, occupying the 88th spot. Kohli was also included among the most marketable athletes of 2017, taking over Barcelona legend Lionel Messi.
Recently, Kohli took over Ricky Ponting to become the second batsmen after Sachin Tendulkar to achieve the most tons in ODI cricket. He also became the fastest batsman to reach 9,000 ODI runs and is yet to lose a bilateral series as captain.
With the pace Kohli is shattering records, there might be no way stopping the Indian captain for now....
Tags: virat kohli, lionel messi, instagram
Location: India, Maharashtra, Mumbai (Bombay)
- Would you quit your job for money
- What are your top ten happiness habits
- What kitchen backsplash do you like most
- Has OPEC bought its headquarters in Vienna
- What do you think of snopes com
- How is masoor dal for digestion
- What are quantum energy fields
- What do business development executives really do?no_redirect=1
- Why does Muslim culture hate women
- Can I do science without maths
- What is the best business in Gujarat
- What is your six word love story
- How do I retire at 25
- How do I express emotions more realistically
- Is the globalist movement socialist