If you find yourself frequently sleeping with wet hair, you may think twice after reading this.
You won’t magically wake up with a cold or flu if your hair isn’t dry at bedtime since those are caused by viruses, not temperature or wet hair, but there are other consequences to this common practice.
Some of the more obvious consequence have to do with hair health, while the more surprising ones affect your skin and body. When it comes down to it, the inconvenience of drying your hair is much less impactful than dealing with the conditions below.
7 Reasons Why Sleeping with Wet Hair isn’t Great
Get out your hair dryer!
1. Hair Breakage
Hair is at its most fragile when it’s wet. It’s porous and can absorb up to 45% of its own weight in water. (1)
Sign up for our FREE daily newsletter.
Get daily health tips and exclusive offers delivered straight to your inbox.
The involuntary movement of your head during sleep pulls your hair every which way, increasing the risk of breakage. This affects the overall texture of your hair and makes it harder to grow out. Plus, broken ends have a tendency to frizz, a situation most of us want to avoid.
Hair is much more likely to tangle when it’s wet. Tangled hair can pose a challenge in the morning, as knotting can lead to breakage.
Many women don’t brush their hair after showering since we’ve been told it can damage the hair shaft and cause breakage but the solution is simple: run a wide-tooth comb, boar bristle brush, or your fingers through your wet hair, towel dry, and style as usual (2).
Page 1 / 3 >
Enter your email below to sign up.
We hate SPAM and will NEVER violate your privacy.
- Is Jackson Wang Korean Music Kpop
- What is the use of image stabilizations
- How does having more money impact culture
- Why should I choose microbiology
- How can one become like kalpana Chawla
- How do I paint brick
- Do programming bootcamps lead to sloppy programmers
- What is dirt and peat
- Can the ASEAN emulate the EUs success
- What is James Holzhauers Jeopardy strategy
- Why can t robots complete a CAPTCHA
- Can I convert PHP to HTML
- What are perquisites for installing Hadoop
- Which industry uses most plastic
- Can VIX predict future volatility
- Why is shopify better to use
- What exams can I take after 12th
- Are Scandinavians more conformist than Western Europeans
- Who was the biggest underdog in WWII