Actor Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya is among the most popular names on Indian television. She has been a part of shows such as Banoo Main Teri Dulhann, Mr and Mrs. Sharma Allahabadwale and Chintu Chinki Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story. Many TV stars have transitioned to Bollywood and web series. But not her.
She has been associated with TV for more than a decade now. Doesn’t it ever get monotonous, we ask. “It does, I won’t lie. There are some periods when you feel there’s a monotony setting in. There are some repetitive tracks sometimes, and you don’t feel up to it. During such periods, I try watching more of online content to keep myself occupied,” says the actor.
And what about the criticism that daily soaps get for being over-the-top and in some cases, having bizarre plot-lines? Does that affect her? “No,” says Divyanka, who is married to TV actor Vivek Dahiya.
“Thankfully, I’ve been quite lucky with whichever shows I have done till date. They have been quite entertaining. I have done four shows, and Dulhann, in fact, was a critically-acclaimed show! It was appreciated a lot not just in India, but countries across the world such as the UK, Canada and even Nigeria. People from all sections watched it, including the most educated. In my current show, my character is really satisfactory, and tracks change after every three months. Our audience is thus hooked to the show. There are rare moments when it gets boring, but I tell myself that everything passes, even this will,” adds the actor.
Interact with the author on Twitter/ @RishabhSuri02
- Why is Sumerian history suppressed
- How do I recognize a gifted adult
- What terminology do K pop fans use
- Why do dosage guidelines exist
- Can thalassemia disease be cured
- Do you like fast cars
- What is a secondary standard solution
- What are some must watch Adult movies
- What makes SpaceXs rockets better than others
- How can love happen in arranged marriages
- What are the examples of wind pollination
- Can you fix a picky eater
- What is it like teaching in Indonesia
- Does Google have a secret text editor
- Should you study right before an exam
- How do we get well from cough
- How can skipping help me lose weight
- Are BJP workers disappointed today in Maharashtra
- How did Michelle Phan get so popular